How Guardianship Proceedings is Commenced?- Read On!

When a parent wishes to have their minor child become a ward of the state, they must file an adoption plan with the Office of the Secretary of State. This plan, called an adoption plan, describes the minor child and provides necessary information for the state to grant the child certain benefits. The adoption plan is filed with the Office of the Clerk of Circuit Court for Georgia and is available online. Once the plan has been filed, it is served on the parent who is listed as the primary guardian. If the primary guardian objects to the plan, an appeal must be done through the Office of the Clerk of Circuit Court. If the appeal is denied, then the court must consider the merits of the case in terms of whether or not the parents were guardians of their children at the time of their adoption.


If you are seeking legal advice about your child’s future, you should consider contacting a Georgia probate attorney. While the process may seem complicated, it is not. There are three main parts to a probate action. The first part is when a person dies and must be decedent’s heir; the second part is when the probate is being processed and the third part is once all of the debts and obligations have been paid, which is known as the residue. If there are any assets left over from the decedent’s estate, it will go through probate.


It is important to understand that the process of guardianship and trust does not end once the probate has been completed. If there are any remaining unpaid balance issues, the court must make decisions regarding those amounts. One of those questions might be what happens to the assets left behind in the event of a guardianship arrangement? Many people are surprised to find out that the trust department can answer that question. This department works with other departments within the court such as the clerk’s office, corrections department, and other sections of the court system.


In the case of guardianship, the general rule is that the state attorney for the particular jurisdiction is appointed to act on behalf of the decedent. Once the appointment is official, the appointed official is in charge of making decisions on behalf of the trust or guardian. This power often comes with a duty to abide by the Georgia statutes. Generally speaking, this duty is referred to as pecuniary judgments. In Georgia, it is very common for the appointed official to pay exorbitant fees to attorneys and other entities involved in the process of carrying out the wishes of their client. In order to avoid exorbitant fees, most people hire a private Tampa or Palm Beach attorney to serve as a replacement trustee instead.


Another reason that it is advisable to retain an attorney to represent you in the probate proceedings is that most will not allow the will to be executed outside of their state. Therefore, having a person who is knowledgeable in the Florida intestate laws to act as a surrogate will ensure that the will is carried out exactly as intended. There are other circumstances that do not involve probate that will require the will to be executed outside of your state. If the resident wished to leave the country for whatever reason, the will can be executed outside of the state by an agent appointed by the court.


Many times, the most difficult part of the probate process is when the decedent does not have any will to cover his/her estate. It can often be difficult to determine who will receive his/her inheritance once the deceased has passed away. In this instance, you can seek help from a Tampa or Plant City probate attorney who is familiar with the Florida intestate laws. He/she can assist you in filling out the final paperwork including executing the proper documents to the court. Your attorney should be able to tell you if the decedent had any last will and testament and if he/she had a trust before his/her death. For more information visit